Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Introduction

While on a vacation in South Dakota I fainted, fell and broke my jaw in three places (bilateral subcondylar fractures and a displaced parasymphasis fracture), busted my chin open and chipped/moved a few teeth around.  It is now 3 1/2 weeks after the accident and I have decided to start a blog mainly as a form of self therapy and to potentially help anyone who may stumble across this blog that has had a similar experience.  I don't really plan on telling anyone I know about it, because honestly it feels a bit self-indulgent and friends/family members hear me complain enough about it via facebook, in person and on the phone.  Since this is more of a diary than anything else, I'm not going to worry about making it organized, so I apologize to anyone reading if it come off non-sequential or otherwise disorganized.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy. Four days?! Patience there my friend. :-)

    It will take weeks/months and the improvement happens slowly, in my experience. I was wired for 6 weeks and I wasn't able to open my mouth as usual (not really knowing how wide "usual" was) for at least a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Karen, I may be totally freaking out for nothing, and I really hope that is the case! I am a worrier by nature. Half a centimeter just seems overly pathetic. I can't even eat a pea. Heck, I had a ramen noodle get stuck in my back molar last night that I had to water pik out lol. If I had even resistance on both sides I think I'd feel better.

    Anyway, going to the doctor tomorrow so I'll know soon :)

    ReplyDelete