Monday, October 4, 2010

9 days to arch bar removal

I went for my appointment today and everything is looking good.  I am scheduled to have the arch bars removed on Wednesday the 13th.  I was hoping to get started with physical therapy this week, but it looks like that will get set up at my next appointment.  I currently have ~2cm mouth opening, so still a ways to go, but at least I can chew now!

Last weeks cardiology appointment went well, the doctor listened to my heart and did another EKG, both of which were normal.  I also had an ECHO done, and am waiting for the doctor to read the results, but the ultrasound tech told me not to worry about it.  I still feel lightheaded when I get up sometimes, but not as often and I'm not feeling nauseous or like my heart is beating really fast.

Feeling better in general now, which I think has something to do with my ability to eat more food, its not as much of a chore now.  It still takes longer to eat than a "regular" person, but I can generally finish my food before it gets cold now :)  I also feel like I'm starving all the time...I find my self eating lunch at noon and 3:00 and last night I had mashed potatoes and a biscuit at 11:00 at night.

3 comments:

  1. I really hope it is fully better soon! You've been starving for way too long at this point - you're past due for some good news! At least it's just a week away until freedom....things will be normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley, I'm feeling better every day, and my ECHO is officially normal. So happy to be able to eat again, but of course I am impatient to have full normal mouth opening. I wouldn't be happy if I didn't have something to complain about :)

    I read your blog and am glad to hear everything went well with your arch bar removal. I'm looking forward to Wednesday when I get the darn things off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      I know it’s been years since you’ve broken your jaw but I still wish you well. My partner broke her jaw and unfortunately it’s been a year and she isn’t getting better. She needs corrective surgery. So I started a fundraiser I’d like to share with you . Please support LiAnne on this long journey of recovery ahead.
      I've shared a campaign I care about because I think you'll want to support it too.

      https://fundly.com/wired-shut-1?ft_src=email_share_mobile
      Thanks!

      Delete