Monday, September 27, 2010

No more bands!

So, good news, no more bands as long as everything keeps fitting together right, which I'm pretty optimistic that it will.  Also, I've had improvement in my mouth opening, so good news all around.  I started mouth exercises today and will likely get set up with physical therapy next week.  Yeah!  My lower jaw does deviate to the right a bit when I open my mouth, but it comes back together when I close it, so it won't affect function. I may get my arch bars off in two weeks, just depends on how things go I guess.  If it turns out that I have some kind of heart problem I may get them removed at the hospital instead of the office.

I'm liking my doctor and the staff there more and more.  While I was waiting I heard her explain the same thing in 5 different ways to another patient.  I admired the patience, and it reminds me of why I didn't want to be a clinical dietitian, or any other kind of health professional. I really shouldn't judge the patient though, I've probably been like him at some of my appointments :) Two other patients were speaking with nurses trying to decide what kind of pain relief they wanted on the spot: anestesia vs numbing shots + laughing gas and another laughing gas vs numbing shots only.  I can't imagine not deciding this before I went in for whatever procedure they were having, but perhaps I think about this crap too much.

Hoping that my cardiology appt. on Wednesday goes well and everything is normal.  Although if everything with my heart is normal, what is causing me to feel lightheaded when I stand up?  I'm so thankful there are doctors to figure all this stuff out.  I just hope that I get an answer in the end, and that it ends up being something easy to treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment