Tuesday, September 7, 2010

little noises, jaw moving to the right

First off, spirits are much improved.  I think I've reached the "I'm broken, screw it" stage of acceptance lol.  Of course that doesn't mean I'm not trying to think of a million questions to ask my doctor at the appointment tomorrow.  Knowledge is power and whatnot :)

Newest development is that I've noticed that with my bands off my jaw wants to move to the right, which I know is not a good thing.  At least the bands keep it in place otherwise.  It may be due to the fact that I am capable of moving of moving my jaw ~4 mm or so to the right and have zero movement to the left, as in can't go past center alignment.  Perhaps that's why the new band configuration hurt quite a bit for the first a few days, it keeps me more aligned to the left. Also noticed that if I move my jaw downward to the right, no noise, if I try to move it to down to the left I get a slight creaking noise, which is also I'm guessing not good. I wonder what the physiological age of my TMJ is going to be after all of this...I'm "only" 32 so that joint needs to last me a long time.  Doc did mention at last visit the possibilty of arthritis in the joint down the line.  But honestly I could care less at this point...I just want to have a good outcome in the interim.  If I have to get tmj replacement, or whatever the heck they do at some point I'll deal with it then.  Hopefully if its far enough down the line they can fix it with lasers or something really high tech, cool and pain free, haha.

On a positive note, I had some cheese fries for lunch today.  I cut them up into tiny pieces and just swallowed them.  Tried to chew on them, but they just got stuck in the back molars so quickly gave that up.  I'm so thankful to whoever invented water piks or I'd spend half the day trying to get crap out of my teeth/arch bars.

I hope that anyone who is reading this with jaw fracture (as if anyone reads this) is having a better time than I am.  I saw someone with a leg on their cast a few days ago and found myself feeling jealous.

1 comment:

  1. Well, no appointment today, we had some flooding in the Austin area, and its particularly bad in the location where my doctor's office is, so they closed the office for the day and I am rescheduled for Friday. Today is also my son's first day of preschool, and luckily his school was not closed.

    ReplyDelete