Thursday, September 23, 2010

another boring update

I am very happy that my bite seems totally stable.  Hopefully this means that I will be able to stop wearing the bands at night and then get my arch bars removed soon.  The past few night I've been waking up a couple of hours early 'cause my teeth hurt from the pressure of the bands, taking them off and then going back to sleep.  Last night I woke up at 3:00, decided that I couldn't really take them off yet, slept until 6:00, woke up again and took them off and slept another couple of hours.  I am really tempted to leave them off at night, but I'll be a good patient.  Maybe if I take some aleve before I go to bed tonight I'll be able to sleep without annoyance.  Despite this, I am so totally psyched to have freedom from the bands during the day and not have to worry about my jaw going where it shouldn't.  I still can't open my mouth very far at all, but hopefully soon I will see some improvement. At least I should be able to start doing mouth opening exercises after my next appointment since everything seems to be going well.

Tomorrow I have to see my primary care doctor as I've been feeling lightheaded when I go from sitting/laying down to standing.  This happens occasionally to everyone, but I've been having it a lot the past week or so, probably about half the time.  The medical term is orthostatic hypotension.  It hasn't been a big deal, I feel fine after a few seconds, but is a bit worrisome since my jaw fractures happened from fainting.  I certainly don't want a repeat of that.  I know from my last visit that all of my blood work is normal.  The doctor said at that time that I would need to get an EKG if I started feeling faint again, so I guess that is in my future.  Hopefully nothing is wrong and I'm just reacting to my weight loss or something.  Really tired of going to see doctors at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment